Bellevue Community Bark Park
This park provides Bellevue area residents with a safe place for off-leash play with their dogs. Off-leash play benefits all members of the community. Dogs that have regular exercise are better neighbors. They are quieter, better behaved and friendlier to other people and dogs.
- Distinct areas for different types of dogs:
- Half-acre dedicated to leisure or small dogs
- One acre dedicated to active larger dogs
- Common area in the middle of the park for on-leash social area
- Secure double-gated transition area at the main entrance
- There are paved bench areas planned and generous areas of shade
The Bellevue Community Bark Park is located behind Robert Peters Park at 400 Greenwood Heights, Bellevue, Ohio.
ABOUT THE PARK
The city of Bellevue Bark Park was built in the fall of 2015 by the dog park committee, the Bellevue Rec. Club, Inc., and Recreation & Parks Staff, and City Service Department personnel.
The money to purchase and build the dog park was raised through donations, grants, and in-service. Limited tax money was used for materials and services to build the dog park.
The Bellevue Rec. Club and the Bellevue Dog Park Committee is seeking additional financial and in-kind services to continue to fund this project and add additional features including benches, picnic tables, shade structure, waste receptacles and drinking fountains.
Volunteers are welcome! If interested in being part of the Bellevue Bark Park Committee please contact us at 419-483-5555.
DOG PARK RULES
Operational hours are dawn to dusk.
*Pass holders are legally responsible for their dogs and any injuries caused by them.
*Use of Bellevue Dog Park is at pass holders own risk.
- Dogs must be licensed, healthy, and current on vaccinations.
- Dogs must be under reasonable control of their owners/handlers at all times.
- Keep use of cell phones and electronic devices to a minimum.
- Dogs must be leashed when outside the dog park and/or when in the common area.
- Owner/handlers must remain with their dog(s) and carry a leash at all times.
- Owners/handlers must clean up after their dogs immediately.
- Only registered owners/handlers and their dog(s) are permitted in the dog park.
- Dogs must wear approved collar and ID tags at all times.
- Children under the age of eight are permitted in commons area of the park only.
- Children ages 8–14 must be under the close supervision of an individual age 16 or older.
- Adult must be responsible and demonstrate ability to control dog.
- No more than two dogs per adult owner/handler
- Dogs showing aggression toward people or other animals must be removed from the park. Dogs who exhibit a history of aggressive behavior will not be permitted.
- Human and dog food/treats
- Sick and/or aggressive dogs
- Glass containers
- Puppies under four months
- Dogs in heat
- Chains, choke, prong or e-collars
- Digging holes
- Smoking or chewing tobacco
*Violators will be subject to removal from park and suspension of park privileges.