Mil’Lympic Pool is hiring lifeguards for the 2019 season. A class will be offered for those needing to be trained. More information to come. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
CITY OF BELLEVUE
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Position: Senior Programs Coordinator
Department: Recreation and Parks
Reports to: Recreation and Parks Director
Status: Part-Time Intermittent
Position Description: The City of Bellevue Recreation and Parks Department is seeking an experienced individual to fill the position of Senior Programs Coordinator. The successful candidate will oversee the Department’s senior programs, teach senior aerobics classes (Silver Sneakers), and plan/implement new senior programming; all while remaining in compliance with local, state and federal regulations. This is a new position in the department that will allow the ideal candidate to grow and evolve the senior programming offerings.
• Teaching Senior Aerobics (Silver Sneakers) classes on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 9 a.m.
• Plan and implement new senior programs to offer a wide variety of appropriate opportunities for seniors to explore physical, mental, and social recreation and leisure
• Maintain the calendar for senior programs and events
• Supervision of program assistants, as needed
• Complete tasks in a safe and effective manner
• Assist with Department programming and events
• Follow all policies, procedures, and regulations
• Report any safety incidents witnessed
• Other duties as assigned
Requirements and Qualifications:
• Required Experience: at least one year in teaching fitness/aerobics classes
• Preferred Experience: at least one year working with the senior population
• Required Licenses/Certifications: CPR/First Aid/AED
• Preferred Licenses/Certifications: Silver Sneakers instructor
• Must be able to physically stand, bend, squat, and lift up to 30 pounds
• Must be able to work all programmed times